Castle Restaurant is located in Khalifa City A. It is a 30 minute drive from the Abu Dhabi downtown, but well worth the drive. Ample free parking available outside the large gates of “Castle”. They recently undergone management change in mid October, revamping their menu and improving the look/feel of their restaurant. I was lucky enough to be invited for their new menu tasting event. If you have paid a visit in the past, I highly suggest a return to see and experience for yourself.
The “Welcome” of the guests itself was a grand gesture that I have not experienced anywhere else before. Large watermelons were carried in, to mark the beginning of our meal. The servers then poured nitrogen gas into the watermelons to create steaming effects coming out of the watermelons. Our party became largely amused and the servers were accommodating enough to keep pouring gas into the watermelons so that we could capture all the photos and videos. This is the only restaurant in Abu Dhabi that uses molecular gastronomy. The smoking watermelon is brought to all the tables at Castle complimentary! Unfortunately, this is not an edible item due to the amount of gas that is used. I did have a huge craving for watermelons after so I ordered myself a freshly squeezed watermelon juice. That hit the spot! Read on for recommended dishes and a numbing must-have dessert.
Last week I was invited to a #dinewithmahiblog organized event at Wildfirez Grill. Wildfirez Grill opened approximately 8 months ago by Sary, the owner. Coming from Texas USA, he has brought UAE an authentic American-chicken dining experience you would not want to miss!
I started off sampling the Wildfirez Grill with (of course) chicken. The buffalo wings was what I enjoyed the most. Cooked in flavorful sauces, chicken wings are perfect for apps or mains! They have 5 main sauces for chicken – Hot Fire, Buffalo (my favorite), House BBQ, Sweet and Spicy BBQ and Tandoori. Another great highlight was their Monterrey Flame Grilled Chicken Breast. It came on a sizzling hot plate topped with ranch, sour creme, and pico mix. Lastly I would recommend ordering their baked mac and cheese. The cheese was so good! This could be ordered as a side item or as part of a kids menu. It’s baked perfectly on top with gooey cheesy goodness inside.
Last Tuesday I was invited to enjoy brunch at the Bistro at Courtyard Marriott in Abu Dhabi. Usually Brunch takes place during the day time (hence breakfast-lunch) and on a weekend so that you could enjoy freely to your hearts content. But WHY limit ourselves to just the weekend?!
Mid-Week Night Brunch
Courtyard Marriott introduced their mid-week night brunch – from 7pm -11pm every Tuesdays and Thursdays. Here are 5 solid reasons you need to say YES to a midweek night brunch:
(1) You worked ALL day. Its time to go relax and enjoy yourself. You deserve it!
(2) You are hungry! Whether you skipped lunch or had a mediocre one from the cafeteria, you worked up an appetite for the all you can eat buffet.
(3) You don’t know what to eat for dinner. Brunch is perfect for the indecisive, with an extensive international menu, it can satisfy any hungry foodie.
(4) No after-work plans. Brunch is a perfect after-work social. Everyone will be looking for a place to eat, why not go together after work. The Bistro can accommodate parties of any size.
(5) You are cost-conscious. Mid-week night brunch is priced at just 99dhs pp for an all you can eat experience! If you have Entertainer, they currently have a Buy 1 Get 1 offer as well.
If you said YES to any of the above, its time to book your table at the next mid-week night brunch at Courtyard Marriott. Continue reading below on my favorite highlights at the Bistro.