Al Gusto, Etihad Towers, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Had a great time at Al Gusto with my friends. It’s a great place for a family meal, for a coffee date or even take-away. Located in Etihad Towers, it was super convenient to organize lunch with my friends there. They also have valet parking available.
For a limited time they have a groupon. You can have a high-quality Italian worth up to 400 AED for just 199 AED (50%). Check out Groupon for all the details.
Cho Gao, Crowne Plaza, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Cho Gao is one of my favorite restaurants in the city. They specialize in East Asian cuisine, taking inspiration from Thailand, Indonesian, China, and Japan. Those are all of my favorite countries for food! I was ecstatic to be invited to the Taste of Asia Brunch. If you have been to Cho Gao’s brunch before, be sure read on further for my review as they have recently revamped their menu and brunch concept!
Over the weekend, I was invited to the Taste of Korea restaurant which inspired this posting. Here are 10 quirky things I love to do at Korean restaurants:
- Greet the host/waitresses in Korean ann-yeong-ha-se-yo! (even if they are not Korean)
- When ordering, look through the menu for droolworthy dishes and funny typos (I’ll have THIS picture please!)
- Sample all the different side-dishes and ask for refills (fully complimentary & unlimited!)
- Attempt to use their heavy metal chopsticks (you will see me struggling and I opt to use the spoon)
- Be the first one to press the service button if we need the waitress (what a great invention)
- Ask for a change for the grill if we are barbecuing
- Watch the mesmerizing TV screen as Korean pop videos are playing in the background (can’t stop watching!)
- Korean Barbeque – the smell 😀
- Mix the Bibimbap – popping the egg yolk and mixing it altogether is the most important job 😛
- Look forward to any complimentary fruits or iced coffee (I noticed that a lot of Korean restaurants do this!)
Do you do any of these too?!
Read on further for my experience at Taste of Korea restaurant and what to order!